Welcome to the club. We were all first time firearms owners/shooters at one time. One of our goals at Lytle Creek Firing Line is for everybody to have a safe and enjoyable day.
Before you come to the range
- When you pick up your firearm from the retailer, purchase a cleaning kit and solvent as well, they are not expensive
- Read the owner’s manual for your new firearm, before you get to the range, or at least before you try to start shooting it. It has helpful hints on safety and caring for your new firearm
- Follow the directions in your owner’s manual for cleaning your firearm
- Place your firearm in a locked case, inside your vehicle. The lock doesn’t need to be expensive
- Keep you ammunition separate from your firearm, in your vehicle.
When you get to the range
Please tell the cashier you’re a new shooter, so we can get you started off on the right foot.
- Follow the directions to Lytle Creek Firing Line.
- Leave your firearm and ammunition in the vehicle until we ask you to bring it out.
- Complete both sides of the Waiver/Range Rules Forms, they are located on the clipboards on the front of the building.
- Come on inside and one of our staff will help you out.
- We will review the basics of firearms safety.
- We will explain the basics of how Lytle Creek Firing Line operates.
- Most outdoor ranges operate very similarly, but each has its nuances.
- We will explain the use of Empty Chamber Indicators, ECIs.
- Don’t worry, one came with your new firearm, and if you don’t have one we have plenty for sale.
- We will inquire as to whether or not you have glasses, and hearing protection. If not we sell them here.
- It is a good practice to wear glasses whenever you are around firearms.
- Hearing protection can be ear-muff style or ear plugs
- We will confirm that your Waiver/Range Rules Form has been completed correctly
- We will inquire as to whether or not you have targets. If not we sell them here.
- Then we will complete the transaction. Remember Lytle Creek Firing Line is cash only.
- $ 8.00/shooter/day for minors 13 years of age or younger
- $ 3.00/spectator/day
- $ 6.00/target Most people use one target, a few use two
- You will be directed to one of our Range Officers, who will get you placed on the facility the will be most effective for your group and firearms.
- They will also review the safety procedures with you and provide you with any assistance you might require.
Our goal is for you to have a safe, enjoyable day with your new firearm. If you are unsure of something, please ask your Range Safety Officer. You may also want to get to know the people on each side of you, often times they have a wealth of experiences they are happy to share with you.
THINK ABOUT SIGNING UP FOR ONE OF OUR BASIC FIREARMS COURSES
FOR A MAP AND DIRECTIONS TO THE RANGE CLICK HERE