“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
– Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
Practical Pistol Development Level One: This is an activity coached by one of our instructors with practical real world experience. This is an introduction to defensive handgun use.
All coaching activity starts with an orientation,
Aspects of Practical Pistol Development that will be covered include, but are not limited to; grip, sight alignment, trigger press, target acquisition, introduction of different positions, situational awareness and acquiring multiple targets.
- Two hand grip
- Sgripingle hand
- Sight Alignment
- Natural Point of Aim
- Target Acquisition
- Trigger Press
- Become familiar with all the safety features, weaknesses and peculiarities of your pistol/handgun
This is an activity that can be repeated multiple times to develop mastery, and the coach will introduce new challenges as your skills develop.
Depending on the overall sphere of experience of the class some
“real world” situations that gun owners could encounter when using the handgun
to defend themselves.
Whether you’re considering a handgun for personal defense or simply enjoying recreational marksmanship you should see a measurable difference as a result of this coached activity.
LIBERTY AND FREEDOM DON’T COME WITHOUT WITHOUT RESPONSIBILITY. Level One is designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and attitude to successfully progress to Practical Pistol Development Level Two.
- Handgun (Rim-fire, Center-fire, Semi Auto, Revolver) A few rim-fire loaners are available.
- Ammo, 50-150 rounds (1-3) boxes of appropriate caliber. Ammunition is not available at the range
- Hearing Protection (Plugs, Muffs) Can be purchased at the range.
- Glasses (Any Glasses will do) Can be purchased at range
- Cost $25 Entry Fee + $25 Work Shop Fee The other facilities are available for the remainder of the day under the same use fee.